Monday, October 23, 2017

His Winning Performance


I fell in love with Alan the night we visited the Rose Gardens in Portland, Oregon late at night.  Back in those days there weren't curfews, so it was a delightful place to visit when the sun went down.

In the gardens, there was a stage with natural seating, and wings made of trees.  He asked me to sit in front of the stage for a moment.

That was the first time I realized my future husband loved drama so much.  He won my heart with Cyrano de Bergerac's nose speech.  It was one of the most wonderful, creative renditions I'd ever heard.

He went on to perform bits of Shakespeare and other plays he knew by heart.  I was enthralled.  What a magical evening.

And when he was done, people I didn't know were there, began to clap--there was quite a crowd which had gathered behind me.  Some of them were homeless folks who'd hunkered down for the night in the gardens.  I am sure those people never forgot that incredible winning performance!

I never tired of hearing him perform that nose speech.  This photo is from a drama seminar, where he did this as a sample of good drama.  I adored the day he found a big nose to strap onto his handsome face.  

Have a lovely lovely day. 

No comments: